When my husband Wayne and I went on our second honeymoon, we took a cruise to the Bahamas. We enjoyed the tropical fruit flavors this region had to offer. I especially liked the Strawberry-Banana Soup. Here is my rendition of that superb appetizer that will sure be a hit with your family. Its inexpensive, and simple to make. Enjoy!
Servings: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small banana, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup commercial sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 extra fresh strawberries for garnish
- 4 extra sliced pieces of bananas for garnish
1. Combine strawberries, banana, and 2 tablespoons sugar; blend well, and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl: Combine sour cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, add whipping cream, milk, and wine.
3. Whisk until well blended.
4. Fold cream mixture into blender with strawberries. Blend for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and thick.
5. Chill 2 hours.